Friday, February 12

Day 43 - Used crutches

As I've said before, I've either been lucky or too inactive to have ever gotten a sports injury before. I have never used crutches before.

Yesterday's walk, although nice, seemed to have not helped my situation. So longer periods of walking will be done with the help of crutches. Luckily, we had a pair left over from Mr. Sound's torn achilles a few years back. (clean tear, done while snowboarding, he still rode down the mountain to the infirmary, had surgery, has been fine since.) He had done a good job of making them less sterile by adding cool stickers - I just embellished the padded parts.


I went to the grocery store with Mr. Sound and our crutches, thinking it would be a fun adventure and a test of my stamina. It was not fun. It ended up being me trailing behind him, asking him to stop and pick up stuff as we walked by it. Not sure how I thought it was going to be any different. The grocery store is now off my to-do list for the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis