Thursday, February 11

Day 42 - Went for a sloooooooow walk

I walk fast. Maybe I learned it from my parents, maybe I learned it from New York. But I just want to get where I'm going. So having an injury that requires a reduction in walking speed is quite frustrating. Certainly not the end of the world, certainly a lesson in patience.

Moping about the apartment, I picked up the recent US News and World report that in this issue was focusing on health and age. There was a story about seven people over 90 years old that possessed such energy and positivity. That made me feel a bit guilty and very inspired. I then remembered the old women in my neighborhood who goes for a walk every day, even though she moves so slowly. Time for me to get out there.

I walked around the block. Literally, around my one block. I brought music to calm me. It might be my own insecurity but I got weird stares from three different people. Maybe people expected that slow walker to be a homeless person. Or maybe they really were startled to see me laughing to myself, at the comedy of it all. No matter, I hobbled on.

It was nice to get outside. It was nice to take it slow and take an extra beat to look at things. It was just nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis