Tuesday, May 11

Day 131 - Had a bourbon cocktail

Four coworkers from my previous job met up to catch up. We tried Rickhouse in the Financial District, not far from Union Square. It was very dark in the back corner where we found seats but overall, the atmosphere was great. Brick walls, dark wood, bartenders in suspenders, a huge liquor selection. The cocktails are amazing. I had a (OK, two) Kentucky Buck, which is bourbon with strawberry, ginger and lime. Delicious. And everyone else's cocktails were outstanding as well. I'm curious about the punch bowls, though I doubt I'd be as adventurous as the two guys I saw sharing one. That's a recipe for a hangover.

Aside - that networking group I mentioned last week? I'm happy to report that we're in! Let the rumpus begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis