Saturday, February 20

Day 51 - Reached creative euphoria

Today was a uniquely successful day for me in creativity. First, I practiced singing for about an hour and a half, which is unprecedented. Warm-ups led to songs, and really, it was the best I've ever sounded. I recorded it to remind myself on a bad day that I actually do have talent and can sound great. It brought renewed hope and excitement to my singing path.

Later in the day. I sat down to write with only a half-hour to spare. Miraculously, the words flowed and I was pleased with the outcome. There was a moment there where I felt giddy, clear and fulfilled, like this was what I was meant to do. It sounds corny, I know. I've never felt that before - a physical reaction to writing. This, too, invigorated me.

Creativity comes and goes, strikes at inopportune times and sometimes hides when you need it. It is a ridiculous gift to get one good piece out of a day, nevermind two. It's worth the struggle and some pain for moments like this. I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis