Monday, February 1

Day 32 - Learned about a personal mission statement

I have definitely worked on the mission statement for my business, but never formulated a personal one. It was interesting to think about. A sentence or two that directs you through everything you do in life, like your North Star. Here are a few examples of mission statements by famous people:

Gandhi
Let the first act of every morning be to make the following resolve for the day:
* I shall not fear anyone on earth
* I shall fear only God
* I shall not bear ill will towards anyone
* I shall not submit to injustice from anyone
* I shall conquer untruth by truth
* And in resisting untruth, I shall put up with all suffering

Andrew Carnegie
To spend the first half of my life making as much money as I can and the second half giving it away.


So as you can see, it can be very specific or more general. In this workshop, we started with a few questions that defined ourselves, such as * what do I believe in? * what is my consistent message? * who are my heroes and why? Answers to these questions and formulating a mission statement will lead you through decisions about your career, your family, your health, everything. I have yet to finish mine but worth a shot...

Check out this article for more help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis