Friday, January 8

Day 8 - Struggled through a new exercise

I have been working with a personal trainer on and off for over five years now, once a week. Only in the last year have I consistently stuck with it and have seen great results. Antony is not only someone who leads me through exercises, but has been a sherpa of fitness, nutrition and motivation. Working out with a personal trainer is a gift to yourself. One hour a week, or sharing a session with a friend can give you the push to make your health a priority in life. I'm just saying...

So today Antony taught me a new strength exercise and man, it is hard. Because I am out of shape. But give it a try. It's called a suspended holding plank crunch, which is a perfectly accurate name that I think he completely made up.

Lay on the floor on your right side, propping yourself up on your right elbow/forearm. Raise your body off the floor so only your aforementioned arm and the outside of your right foot are on the floor = suspended. Your body should be straight = plank. Lift your left leg up and bring your left knee towards your chest. Bring your left elbow down to meet your knee and hold for three counts = holding & crunch. Return to plank position, then repeat the holding crunch and so on, working up to 10 each side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis