Thursday, January 7

Day 7 - Cooked eggplant


Eggplant parmesan is one of my favorite meals. Inspired by having to try something new everyday, I bought an eggplant in the hopes of trying to cook the parmesan version. But I was soon at odds with myself - go for the new thing of the day, or stick to my resolution to skip cheese for two weeks? (If you saw what I ate over the holidays, you'd know why I have to do this. Out of control). The winner is: stick with the resolution. There are many, many ways to cook eggplant so I went with the classic grilled medallions. For a pretty bland food with no nutritional value, the eggplant was pretty impressive. My only disappointment was that my first time in the kitchen with eggplant did not result in Italian parmesan goodness. Non importa, I have a recipe to look forward to trying later this year...

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis