Friday, January 29

Day 29 - Ventured to a new venue

Just like yesterday, I finally visited a music venue I've passed a few hundred times. The Boom Boom Room focuses on blues, boogie, groove and soul music. They support local and/or smaller bands so I was excited to see who I might encounter tonight. San Francisco's Tracorum is self-described as rock and soul/rhythm and blues. For the short hour I was there, they played a variety of songs, from rock to reggae to surf to funk styles. Definitely a band to enjoy live and in the intimate venue, the crowd really got into the groove. It was a mixed crowd - young professionals and older couples, music lovers and people on the prowl - which made people-watching a sport. Besides having a good house beer, the Boom Boom Room offers music most nights of the week so stop by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis