Wednesday, January 27

Day 27 - Ran twice, or, Fell for reverse psychology

NEVER have I went for a run and then decided an hour later that it wasn't enough and more would be a good idea. That's madness.

I was happy with my 2-mile warm-up. At the gym, I struggled through a very hard leg workout, ending with trainer Antony's advice that a run tomorrow would be a great idea to keep the legs feeling fine. But he then continued:

Antony: Well, actually, the best thing is for you to go run right after you leave here - just a slow, 3-mile run - but I doubt I could get away with suggesting that to you.

Me, in my head: Oh, really? Watch me. I'm going to run the heck out of those three miles.

Me, running 10 minutes later: Wait a minute...damn it!


NUTSHELL: The second run went well. Antony is knowledgeable and clever. I will not die if I push myself. I need someone else to push me. An open mind and/or a big ego is necessary for the push to work.


For any NIKE+ runners - challenge me to a run! Log our times online and keep each other on track for fitness goals. Drop me a line in the comments if interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis