Tuesday, January 19

Day 19 - Created a music binder

I have been singing all my life, but not well. So last year, I started going to a singing teacher to learn. At the end of 2009, we talked about what my goals might be for the new year. One of her suggestions, in my quest to get organized and focused, was to make a music binder. In it I can keep notes, the songs I'm practicing, ideas, etc. And I could decorate it with things that inspire me. Here it is:
It's true I am no artist, as mentioned before, but this was quite crafty for me. There are a two stickers on the bottom, one that says, "Too much rock for one hand." The upper corner has studs that I embedded into the cover. And I freehanded the bird and branch on a full-page sticker. I also included two quotes that I love.

On the bird: "A bird does not sing because it has an answer... it sings because it has a song." ~ Chinese proverb

On the branch: "To be nobody but myself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting..." ~ e.e. cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis