Sunday, January 17

Day 17 - Chose TV above reality

Past Saturday morning cartoons as a kid, and a CSI marathon, I'm not a huge TV watcher. My husband Mr. Sound* usually likes to have it on in the background when he's working, which never works for me. If a TV is on in the room, I am drawn to it and cannot turn away. So in order to be productive, I avoid it when I can. Except for tonight. I walk in and immediately turn on the TV. Mr. Sound asks, "Who are you?" I sit riveted for the next hour and a half, ignoring him and all the things I was supposed to do.

The show was on the local PBS station, entitled Young@Heart. It's about a group of singers aged 73-89 in Northampton, MA and their interactions as part of this chorus. Please check it out. Inspiring, and never again will you say you're too old for anything.


P.S. - Repeatedly saying "my husband" sounds smug, like this Seinfeld episode. Look for him as Mr. Sound, since he's logical, solid and snores.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis