Thursday, May 27

Day 147 - Visited an ENT

Ear, nose and throat doctor. My voice teacher recommended a visit, since I've been having trouble hitting the higher notes.

This very nice doctor snaked a long, thin camera up my nose and down my throat to peek at my vocal chords. Oddest feeling. Crying is a natural reaction, it turns out.

It also turns out I have a deviated septum (nothing to worry about) and nodules on my vocal chords (worrisome). The next step is to visit a speech therapist and rest my voice as much as possible. This will be a major test in patience.

I am bummed. I was just making great progress with my voice lessons and about to start practicing with a band. And I'm sad I've damaged myself this much. At least it is diagnosed so I can move forward in a healthy way. And I will take this break as an opportunity to finally learn piano.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis