Monday, May 3

Day 123 - Broke my style rules

I believe that if you are not working out or doing yard work, sweatpants do not have a place in public. Jeans are pretty dang comfortable so use them as an alternative to sweatpants.

There are few other things I believe: leggings are NOT pants, and a dress should NOT be worn over pants.

I wear sweatpants/yoga pants in the house and since I work from home, that's a lot. Today I was wearing my black straight-leg ones with a long red tank dress over it. It actually looked cute and I was comfy.

To beat tiredness, I decided to head to the local library for a change of scenery while I worked. Nothing else in my closet sounded remotely good to wear so I *gasp!* wore out what I had on. So that's (A) sweatpants plus (B) a dress over pants. I felt a bit awkward but got over it quickly. Half the people in the library were wearing sweatpants, and due to sitting, no one could see me anyways. So my perspective is changed a bit, but the important message about clothing still is: don't be lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis