Thursday, March 18

Day 77 - Had an appointment in New York

As great technology as it is, the phone and I have a long-standing feud. I have never liked talking on the phone, as I would just rather be face-to-face with someone. When possible, I skip the phone in favor of an email or letter. But I am slowly learning how stupid that is, and working to get over my aversion.

After many back-and-forth attempts to get in touch with my friend Trish in NY, we finally booked each other to talk tonight. On our calendars. It's easy to get busy and let weeks go by without catching up. And talk we did, for two and a half hours. I am now officially caught up on her life. It is so much better to hear someone's voice - the nuances, the laughter. Email just isn't the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis