Tuesday, February 9

Day 40 - Hired an accountant

Imagine how you will spend some of your free time this weekend - a nice cup of coffee with the newspaper, a quick jog, dinner with the spouse. Sorry, did you say something about the IRS? No, of course not, because that's madness.

Tax laws were not meant for laypeople. Even after taking a few tax classes as part of my accounting major - heck, I even studied tax for the CPA exam - I still cannot make sense of it. Please, if you file more than a 1040EZ, and especially if you are starting a business, get an accountant. It's worth the money in the long run.

Start looking for one now. Yes, call up two or three and talk to them. Go with one you trust and get along with. Wait until April and the good ones will be busy. Hear me now and believe me later - your finances are this important. OK, I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis