Saturday, February 6

Day 37 - Tried the 15 minute rule

It's a time management trick when you give yourself only 15 minutes on a task, like cleaning out your closet, so you don't get sidetracked for hours. It's also a productivity tip when a project seems overwhelming - just give it 15 minutes to start it, get some thoughts down, whatever, and it won't seem as daunting. My 15 minutes was more the second kind. With my other blog and a soon-to-be-released professional blog, there is a lot of writing to be done. I am sometimes scared of it, which causes me to put it off longer, and the cycle continues. I needed to take some kind of action.

SO I sat down with my computer and started pumping out anything that came to mind. A few ideas had been brewing up there but they didn't seem to have much direction. Taking a few minutes to get it out of my head helped a lot. My day was pretty open so I let myself continue to roam with a topic if it was working. If not, I moved on to another one. Soon I had the start of six solid ideas, all of which will need a lot more work but none of which felt so good only the day before. I doubt every attempt at this will be so successful, but it's a tip that always produces results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis