Monday, January 25

Day 25 - Modified a recipe

As mentioned before, I am no cook. Only a few months ago, boiling spaghetti was a big thing. I am happy to report that I am growing.

Faced with a box of black beans and rice, I looked around and thought of a few additional things I could add to make it heartier and fresher. I am learning quickly that having ingredients around the house for moments just like this is amazingly helpful. Nothing fancy - just some basic spices, some canned items, maybe some fresh herbs and vegetables. Tonight, it was a can of black beans, to supplement the freeze-dried ones in the box, and a can of organic diced tomatoes with onions and spices. Finish with fresh ground pepper and cumin and it came out downright delicious. Who am I? I don't know but this is exciting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis